[geeks] Invoking a GNU 'screen' session as multiuser from a command line

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 07:32:05 CDT 2012

Title says is all really. GNU screen has a multi-user mode that allows you to
access a running screen session from multiple users. However I can only so-far
find any information on how to set a session as multi-user inside a screen
session itself. What I want to be able to do is invoke screen in a
non-interactive startup script using the '-dm' switch but have it user
accessible from multiple users.

Anyone pulled that off before?

--

Mark Benson