[geeks] Battery question

RichTea mail at catsnest.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 07:14:32 CDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM, William Enestvedt <
William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu> wrote:

> A question for battery wonks: can A Guy re-cell the (6V? 12V?) battery for
> one
> of those big, plastic cars for little kids? Or if not, can you order a
> compatible/identical battery from an "after market" vendor? (If memory
> serves
> it's about half the size of a car battery.)
>
>   My BiL has one of these cars that his daughters grew out of -- I think
> it's
> a Barbie car -- and he has offered it to us. He says only the battery needs
> replacing. These batteries are about $85 new, but after hearing all the
> chatter on this list about people either re-celling their own UPS
> batteries or
> putting non-name batteries in a UPS (instead of, say, official APC
> batteries),
> can I do this for the battery in the car?

There should not be any problems as long as you find a matching voltage /
current battery. A friend of mine has done this several times. You can get
away with a higher current battery if the circuitry in the will handle it
with out over heating although this will increase the speed of the car and
may involve you having to run to keep up!

Ritchie,
--
<-- http://23.me.uk/2 -->
<--Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.  -->