[geeks] wireless bridge

Ross Lonstein ross-sunhelp at lonsteins.com
Sun Jul 22 11:45:00 CDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 06:14:27PM -0400, Shannon wrote:
> I need to replace my old wireless bridge. It is just a small wireless
> gaming adapter.
>
> Going to the stores locally, I'm not finding what I need.
>
> Basically two networks, one private, one that has my cable modem
> connection. I need to connect them wirelessly.
>
> The "outside" network has a Netgear N600.
>
> Anyone have information, ideas, reviews on what's out there now to
> bridge these  two networks?
>
> Needs to support high speed. My current one is 54Mbit and I'm hitting
> the wall with it all the time now.
    [snip]

I'm very happy with the Edimax BR-6258N "nano" routers (pocket-size)
for 802.11b/g/n to ethernet (http://www.edimax.com/en/produce_detail.php?pd_id=372&pl1_id=24&pl2_id=89)
I picked up a couple off newegg for $24 when they ran a deal. My wife
liked the candy red color. I liked that it was easy to set up and just
worked.

- Ross