[geeks] Home Router Support

Dan Duncan danduncan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 21:02:18 CDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Brian Dunbar <brian.dunbar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Made me wonder if there isn't someone making a living cranking out
> (DD-WRT / Open-WRT / Whatever) on routers, then supporting them over
> the net.

I would think most router issues are really internet connectivity
issues, which means supporting the router over the net wouldn't be
possible.

I always keep a few spare WRT54G routers handy (I pick them up at
thrift stores on occasion) to give away to friends and family when
needed.  I flash them with Tomato or DD-WRT.  Ideally, I'd print a
sticker for the bottom that had the SSID, WEP/WPA key, password, and
access URL, but I've never managed to do that.

--
Dan Duncan