[geeks] USB wireless cards?

Barry Keeney barryk at chaoscon.com
Mon Aug 6 19:35:05 CDT 2012

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012, Jonathan Katz wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Barry Keeney <barryk at chaoscon.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 6 Aug 2012, Jonathan Katz wrote:
>>> I'm trying to find a USB wireless card that takes an external
>>> antenna... and works with Ubuntu/Backtrack. Does anyone have
>>> experience here and one they recommend?
>>
>>   Not sure if you want a high power card or not but I've got
>> one of these:
>>
>> www.meritline.com/powerlink-wireless-150mbps-11n-adapter-5dbi-antenna---p-51479.aspx
>
> That's exactly what I'm looking for. So it works out of the box with Linux?

    I was using fedora 15/16, but I didn't have to add/install/setup
this card, it just worked.

Barry Keeney
Chaos Consulting
email barryk at chaoscon.com

"Atheist: A person who doesn't need imaginary friends"

"Rap is Square Dancing gone terribly, terribly Wrong...."

"MicroSoft Windows - Running our defences until they all bluescreen during the Cylon attack..."