[geeks] the virtualization project

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Sep 10 23:07:32 CDT 2011

On 10-Sep-2011 22:47, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 09:02:38PM -0400, Shannon wrote:
>> Someone ported KVM to Solaris but I don't know how well that works.
>
> Joyent, I think.

Yea... that would seem to have a lot of potential. Virtualization
sitting on ZFS, assuming you have hardware that makes ZFS happy.

The main issue would be ZFS competing rather heavily with the guest OS
for memory. What I read about is a lot of shops keeping ZFS on an
independent file server and having the virtual machines use something
like iSCSI.

Heh... ironically in order to test virtualization to get rid of
machines, I need more machines...

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-keys which had a name of 0x5936BC24.asc]