[geeks] the virtualization project

vintagecoder at aol.com vintagecoder at aol.com
Fri Sep 9 06:59:38 CDT 2011

> On FreeBSD itself, I'm not sure if I would prefer pkgsrc. There are some
> powerful tools and good options for management of ports that I used at
> the time and wished pkgsrc had. Never did find a good way to keep my
> packages up to date on pkgsrc (other than pkg_rolling-replace and that
> was way too manual for my liking).

That's true, I've been away for years but I don't remember anything like
Portupgrade or Portmaster for pkgsrc. Then again, I don't like rocking the
boat. Once I get my system built it gets very little changes as long as it
lives. When I get around to upgrading the OS I build all my packages again.
Stability is more important to me than newness.