[geeks] the virtualization project

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Fri Sep 9 06:48:19 CDT 2011

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 10:53:58 +0000, vintagecoder at aol.com wrote:
> NetBSD's pkgsrc is the best package management system of the 3 major BSD
> OS, no question about it.

Agree with you that pkgsrc is a great packaging system. Heck, even
preferred it on the Mac.

On FreeBSD itself, I'm not sure if I would prefer pkgsrc. There are
some powerful tools and good options for management of ports that I
used at the time and wished pkgsrc had. Never did find a good way to
keep my packages up to date on pkgsrc (other than pkg_rolling-replace
and that was way too manual for my liking).

Cheers,
Jonathan
--
jjg: Jonathan J. Groll : groll co za