[geeks] Battery-powered, WiFi connected file server

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 08:25:28 CDT 2011

I'm not sure how long this has been around, but this seems like a neat idea
- Seagate has a GoFlex Satellite storage device that is intended for use
with tablets to access 500GB of storage over an ad-hoc WiFi connection & web
browser or tablet-specific app. It could obviously be re-purposed to be used
with a netbook or laptop, but I wonder if you could reprogram it to act as,
say, a stand-alone LAMP server...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148755&Tpk=Go%20flex%20satellite

The price seems a bit high at $219 ($200 at Best Buy), but I don't think I
could recreate it for less.

This looked interesting to me, and thought i'd share it here.

Lionel

--
Lionel Peterson
lionel4287 at gmail.com