[geeks] Bug out bags, part II.

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 14:41:59 CST 2011

An excellent point, and one I imagine too many overlook.

I remember hearing a TV host talk about a study/article that outlined how
things would fall apart in society if things got REAL bad in society. They
spoke of sick people not getting needed medicines, lack of refrigeration
severely limiting food supplies (if most of the food you eat comes from
hundreds of miles away, what if it stops coming?), etc. Really eye-opening how
fragile most societies are... We get glimpses of this frailty when disaster
strikes (Katrina, Hati, etc), but we haven't yet really done anything about
correcting it.

One thing I keep hearing in reports from Japan is how 'calm'. Everyone seems
to be - they accept what has happened, they're trying to cope as best they
can, and they (apparently) aren't trying to blame government for a
slow/inadequate response to any situation...

Lionel