[geeks] Bug out bags, part II.

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Mar 12 13:54:52 CST 2011

In light of the earthquake in Japan, I saw something on TV which made me
concerned about the usual bug out bag. Besides the footage of earthquakes and
tsunami that filled the screens, there were shots of people in train stations
camped out on the floor and almost 30,000 people "camping" in the airports.

These were all people who left their homes, expecting to come back soon,
or get their baggage at the end of their flight, who did not. Eventually
they will return home, or be united with their baggage, but it may take
awhile.

At one airport rows of abandoned luggaage containers were swept away on the
runway. There's no way of telling from the TV if they were empty or full.

My point is that if you take medicines or need something on a recurring basis,
you should always have some with you. While the chance of a disaster, either
man made or natural, occuring, you quite simply never know.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.