[geeks] Server lift: rent, borrow, or buy?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Jun 27 12:44:28 CDT 2011

Thanks for the suggesitons.

   Of course! I know an SSE in the area! Thank you, Jon, for the
reminder.

   I have also asked our VAR, and am waiting for his ideas.

   We might beg use of one from another university in town, but that
would also mean scrounging up a truck with a lift gate. Hmmm....

   Vintage Coder, the trick with these is finding a substitute for the
server lift that can get into the rack without also resting on the floor
between the rack's sides -- which is why a jack won't work (unless you
know of one that reaches way out in front?). Also, there's nowhere to
attach on the server chassis, which is why we can use something like an
engine hoist.
   It's really frustrating!

- Will
--