[geeks] Server lift: rent, borrow, or buy?

Jonathan J. M. Katz jon at jonworld.com
Mon Jun 27 12:07:32 CDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:03 PM, William Enestvedt
<William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu> wrote:
> So I finally have a need for a server lift at work, and I don't know
> whether we should try to buy, borrow, or rent one.

My advice would be to harass your local Oracle SE and see if there are
other customers in the area who may let you borrow their's, or even if
the SE has one that you can use. Bribe them with lunch. Also, look at
paying some $$$ to Sun to have THEM hook the cabinets together,
because if pins break or get bent, it's their fault, not yours.