[geeks] NTP on Windows

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 08:26:37 CDT 2011

Dan Sikorski wrote:
> If it is an active directory domain member this behavior is changed. A
> domain member will sync with it's domain controller more frequently.

Again, with *SNTP*, not NTP.

It steps the clock.  It doesn't slew it.  That's a feature not included
with SNTP.  These machines are industrial instrumentation and control
data aggregation boxes in a very large manufacturing plant.  They are
aggregating data on (sometimes) 1/4 second intervals.  I'm getting
problems from the system clocks being being updated by 10-15 seconds at
times.

Peace...  Sridhar