[geeks] NTP on Windows

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Jun 21 07:33:35 CDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 07:26:38AM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

>Well, the main thing I need the GUI for is configuration.  This is
>going to be deployed on 300+ machines by facilities maintenance
>people.  (Read grease-monkeys.)  Editing text files, or even copying
>text files into specific directories isn't really an option.  Click
>here, type this, on a sheet of paper, is what I'm looking for.

That it has. I thought you wanted one to check and see how far off the
clock was from the server.

The fact that I no longer get complaints from my wife that she missed her
bus because the built in NTP client on Windows only checks once a week is
good enough for me, but ntpq -p in a command prompt tells me it's a few ms.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.