[geeks] NTP on Windows

vintagecoder at aol.com vintagecoder at aol.com
Tue Jun 21 06:56:40 CDT 2011

> Well, the main thing I need the GUI for is configuration.  This is going
> to be deployed on 300+ machines by facilities maintenance people.  (Read
> grease-monkeys.)  Editing text files, or even copying text files into
> specific directories isn't really an option.  Click here, type this, on a
> sheet of paper, is what I'm looking for.

You're talking about an NTP client, not a server, right?

I really like the old Symmetricom client for Windows. You could probably
customize it and send preconfigured copies around but it does have a pretty
nice GUI that anybody should be able to use. You can configure an arbitrary
number of clocks (or no clocks) with all sorts of options of what kind of
face (digital, analog, etc) and have control over the fonts, as well as
configuring your own list of time servers. It's free, or was free, and it
should be available on the net. Check snapfiles.com if they're still
around. I remember not liking newer versions but I can't remember why. If
you can't find one you like let me know and I should be able to find an old
installer.