[geeks] Bug-Out Bags

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Tue Feb 1 02:19:01 CST 2011

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:22:26 -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> The problem with a Zippo is that the fuel eventually evaporates; will
> a Bic hold up long-term (6+months) if I stick it in a plastic bag?

Presumably "Bic" translates as those cheap plastic lighters found in
corner shops ("stores") ? Yeah those should last 6 months easily. If
the gas powered ones rather than the lighter fuel ones, they'll last
ten times longer.

Zippos are far too finicky for my liking - they're only suitable for a
fall of civilisation bag together with the spare parts. I'm intending
to survive the fall of civilisation by trading Zippo flints :)

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
'I met the well connected, the powerful and the rich; I saw little to