[geeks] FYI: cheap 10/100 switches

Ben Greisler ben at kadimac.com
Mon Aug 1 14:39:08 CDT 2011

On Aug 1, 2011, at 2:33 PM, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 03:01:19AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 05:32:31PM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>>> Of course, if you have Amazon prime, it is $8.49 + 0.00 s/h.
>>> Which is still higher than $6.99.  Or 3.65 ea if you bought 3.
>>
>> But it's also availble every day, not just when someone's having a sale.
>
> Indeed.
>
> But when there is a sale, it can be an excuse to just buy 3 and have
> spares on hand for when a few more low speed ports are handy.

+1 for that.

I ordered 3 just to have around. At that price it was a bit of a no brainer
for my needs. It was even better than I had already bought one when I needed
one "right now" and had to go to an office supply house to get it. Must have
cost me $25 about 6 months ago. With getting 3 for under $11, I feel better if
I do cost averaging across all of them!

Ben Greisler | Owner / Technical Lead |  Kadimac Corp
ofc: 215-821-1440 | email: ben at kadimac.com
Certified Member - Apple Consultants Network - ACSA | Xsan | ACT
Apple Professional Services Provider - Education and Enterprise