[geeks] Any left handed guitar players out there?

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Sep 28 06:31:50 CDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 06:13:42PM -0400, Andy Wallis wrote:
>Left-handed guitars are not particularly useful for left-handed people. You
>have to get both hands working in order to play well. I'm left handed, so it
>does help with fret positions. My recommendation is to get an instructor and
>have him help pick out the guitar. The differences between a Gibson, Fender,
>Yamaha, and the like play into how it feels on the player's hands.

Thanks, if you read my previous reply, we went about it backwards. We got
the request first, followed by the guitar, now to be followed by lessons.

>As fars as instruction, there is nothing better than one-on-one with a
>teacher. Most will have variable rates and will either come to your house or
>work out of a music store. Check our your local music stores to see where the
>instructors are buried.

Thanks, that's what should be the next step, finding a music store. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
To help restaurants, as part of the "stimulus package", everyone must order