[geeks] FS: AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition CPU

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Nov 24 20:38:55 CST 2010

For sale:

AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition; dual-core 3.2Ghz with dual
512K L2 cache, 3M L3 cache.  Socket AM3, 80W TDP.

This CPU is basically brand new; I ran it in a Gigabyte motherboard for
probably 4-5 hours total but was unable to get the "extra" two cores to
unlock (to make it an X4); your results may differ.

I built the system instead with an Athlon II X4; basically the same
chip but quad-core and without the L3 cache.  For my purposes they should
perform the same.  That leaves me with this Phenom II and no board to put
it in.

Amazon's price for this CPU is $90 (list is $182):

http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-Callisto-Dual-Core-Processor/dp/B0036F2Z7W

I'll let this one go, in retail box with unused retail heat sink/fan,
for $55 shipped.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford