[geeks] VESA monitor arms

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Nov 24 15:37:15 CST 2010

hey folks, when you have a geek question, ask geeks.  So:  I'm looking
for a VESA-mount adjustable monitor arm (well, two of them, actually) to
mount two 27"-28" range LCD monitors to my desktop after I rebuild the desk.

- They need to permanently mount, not clamp, to the desk top.  Grommet
mount is fine.  I have complete freedom to drill appropriate mounting
holes wherever I need to.  The desk top will be about 1.5" thick.

- They need to be easily tilt and swivel adjustable.  Height adjustment
on the fly is less important.  Of course, they must be stable.

- They need to be able to raise the monitors enough that the lower edge
of the screen is not less than about 10" above the desk surface, and
11"-12" would be better.  This translates to about 19"-21" from the
center of the VESA mount to the desk surface.

Anyone got any recommendations, either for or against specific
brands/models?

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.