[geeks] Cats and Squirrels

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 15:14:21 CDT 2010

Depends on the cat, I think.  I'm no expert - this is from observation ..

My mother has had two house cats in the past twenty years.

The first one would laze on the patio and watch the passing scene.

The second was a terror to the local wildlife: small bunnies,
squirrels, mice, a mole, all fell to his claws and fangs for over
fifteen years.

He slowed down a bit after he turned fifteen, died at the ripe age of
nineteen.

Both were shorthairs - tabby cats..  Killer-Of-Critters appeared to be
domestic short hair mixed with Siamese, which may have accounted for
his temperament.

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are domestic housecats good enough hunters to kill and eat squirrels?
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

Brian Dunbar
Geidus

"Display some adaptability"