[geeks] System Administrator Opportunity - Neenah, Wisconsin

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 12:10:50 CDT 2010

We've got two openings at work for System Administrators.  The need is
critical, the boss said we gotta hire Real Soon and to ask around.
Feel free to forward.

Plexus is a contract electronics manufacturer - we make other people's
electronics.  Been in business since 1980.  Headquarters, operations
and data center are located in Neenah, Wisconsin, where we also have
several manufacturing sites.  Other sites are located in Chicago,
Juarez, Nampa, Fremont, Penang, Xiamen, Scotland and Romania.  We have
around 6,000 employees globally, 1,900 locally.

It's a great place to work.  I got here when a company I worked for
was acquired by Plexus.  When the economy tanked and that business
died, they relocated me from Texas to headquarters in Wisconsin and
gave me a better job working in ERP-land.  It's been ten years now so
I'm doing something right.

The positions have been described as 80% Solaris, 20% Windows.  Our
environment is: 120 Solaris hosts (global zones and containers)
possibly twice that many Windows Servers, a few odds and sods of
Linux.  We make extensive use of Active Directory for authentication,
NetAp NAS and SAN, Oracle, MS SQL, and a horde of specialized
manufacturing apps you've probably never heard of.

Normally we prefer to promote from within, but the growth we're doing
to support the business is not compatible with our current staff.  Too
much work, not enough bodies, not enough people who know Solaris to
bring up to speed in time.

Details from the website for the position, below.  If you send me your
resume and a cover letter I'll forward it to my supervisor.  If you
have questions, ask.

Go here: http://www.plexus.com/globalopportunities.php
Click 'Current Opportunities' , then 'Click here to view current job
opportunities with Plexus'
Select Advanced Search
Location - Neenah, WI
Job familes - Information Technology

	Systems Administrator II - UNIX

	Installs, configures, and maintains hardware and operating systems of
server equipment in support of business processing.
	Responsibilities
	-Resolves complex IT operations issues regarding Solaris, Linux,
NetBSD and HP-UX operating systems
-Management of UNIX based virtualization technologies
-Installs new software releases and system upgrades
-Evaluates and installs patches
-Performs system backups and recovery
-Manages data files and monitors system configurations to ensure data
integrity
-May be required to perform above duties outside normal business hours
-Capacity planning and LifeCycle Management
	Qualifications
	All candidates must have legal authorization to permanently live
and work in the United States without visa or employer sponsorship.

Education/Experience:
-Individual typically possesses a Bachelors Degree in a related field.
-Individual typically possesses a minimum of 5 years related experience.
-The employee must successfully complete all internal training courses
offered by the company necessary to do the job.

Skills/Knowledge/Abilities:
-The employee will possess a complete understanding of commonly used
concepts, practices and procedures.
-The employee will possess a working knowledge of Windows network
operating systems and typically, a general knowledge of UNIX or UNIX
derivative operation systems.
-The employee will work on problems of moderate scope where analysis
of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors and a
certain degree of creativity and latitude.
-The employee must be self-motivated with the ability to work
independently and in a team environment.
-The employee must possess excellent communication, organizational,
time management, and problem solving skills.
-Computer literacy in Windows environment is required, including but
not limited to word processing, spreadsheets, flowcharting, and any
other software development, documentation, or project management tools
needed to perform assignments.
-The employee must maintain the confidentiality of all departments,
company, and customer information while working safely, at all times.

--
Brian Dunbar

"Display some adaptability"