[geeks] more on dune

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 06:55:38 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 6:41 PM, <rjtoegel at verizon.net> wrote:

>   Why do I feel like I'm on an episode of Fringe?  Which universe am I in
>   now?

> The US press has been very pro-Israel.

You are correct, the US press HAS been very pro-Israel.

That  is no longer the case.  It hasn't been for several decades among the
liberal US press and, since the early 1990's, specific conservative
journalists have spoken out against Israel.

As the USA press has liberalized, it has lost its "pro"-Israel stance.  That
is, Helen Thomas' outburst is not a limited or unique phenomenon (sp?).

Nor among USA politicians.  Senator J. Lieberman is considered "odd" when it
comes to Israel and military preparedness.  He is castigated quite
regularly.