[geeks] more on dune

Ben Greisler ben at kadimac.com
Thu Jun 10 19:07:27 CDT 2010

n Jun 10, 2010, at 6:41 PM, rjtoegel at verizon.net wrote:

>   Why do I feel like I'm on an episode of Fringe?  Which universe am I in
>   now?  The US press has been very pro-Israel.

If you consider US reporting pro-Israel, I would hate to see what you consider
anti-Israel.

>  I've also hear that
>   Thomas might have been set up because one of the questions she asks of
>   presidents is why many have been in favor of Palestine being a "state"
>   but they haven't done anything to support that.

Her statement was very clear. Regardless of set up or not, the statement
stands by itself. There is no entrapment there.

> The international
>   press have reported that autopsies on those killed have shown the
>   bullet paths were "downward" as if they were shot by someone at a
>   height.

There are many situations that can result in a downward shot. Nothing to see
here. Move along.

> If true, that ain't paintball guns or "non-lethal" weapons.

Who ever claimed that the paintball guns were used to kill anyone? No one
denied that the Israeli soldiers carried sidearms with them. After being
attacked, I find it reasonable to switch from non-lethal to lethal force. That
is what one does when threatened.

>   It's funny how the story is now getting buried in the US press.
>   Things are just looking too "fishy".

Buried? All I saw were reports emphasizing the deaths of the combatants.
Nothing was buried but the truth how that ship was different from the others
and how it was sent for exactly the purpose it achieved.