[geeks] pf question: doing internal rdr?

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Tue Jun 8 02:45:18 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 05:46:58PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Can anyone point me at a way to do this that will work with clients on
> the same segment as the squid proxy, but does not require a manual proxy
> setting on the client (and thus cannot be evaded at the client simply by
> clearing the proxy setting)?

I'm pretty certain it's not possible to do what you want to do,
unfortunately - all transparent proxying setups I've seen have Squid
running on the same system as pf. If you could do that, and compile Squid
with transparent proxying support, it's possible.

For example: http://www.benzedrine.cx/transquid.html

-mj
--
 Michael-John Turner