[geeks] California Proposition 14

rjtoegel at verizon.net rjtoegel at verizon.net
Sat Jun 5 21:55:35 CDT 2010

   This is a surprise?  The media has be at this for years.  In the last
   presidential election, with what little "news" I watched on TV, I
   didn't see them make fun of Nader this time.

   Bob
   Jun 5, 2010 03:02:40 PM, geeks at sunhelp.org wrote:

     On 06/05/10 13:46, Ross Lonstein wrote:
     > On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 05:07:34PM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
     >> What an asinine idea.
     > [snip]
     >
     > Not if you're the leading candidate of one of the two largest
     > political parties. If you're one of the trailing candidates for
     the
     > largest parties, a candidate for a third party or a voter, it sure
     > looks like an attempt to squeeze you out of the political process.
     Yeah, that's about how it looks to me. The most likely result of
     this
     would be to /de facto/ lock third parties and independents out of
     politics in California, *period*. Never mind failing to get elected,
     they wouldn't even be able to get on the ballot.
     --
     Phil Stracchino, CDK#2 DoD#299792458 ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
     alaric at caerllewys.net alaric at metrocast.net phil at co.ordinate.org
     It's not the years, it's the mileage.