[geeks] Good techniques for communicating with eBay?

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Thu Jun 3 20:21:09 CDT 2010

On 04/06/2010, at 04:03, Dan Duncan wrote:

> Gmail is how I found out that some of the slower Dan Duncans in the world
> don't know their correct email addresses.  I've gotten sensitive documents,
> work schedules, trip invites, dinner invites, wedding invites, etc.

My last name is Ominsky, and I own the domain ominsky.net (though  I don't use
it for personal email, as you may or may not have noticed), and about 10 years
ago there was a wireless ISP called Omnisky (note the subtle difference).
Mail to their customers went to @omnisky.net.  At some point I turned on a
catchall for the ominsky.net and you should have seen the things I got.  All
sorts of confidential documents, personal messages, etc.  Some of them were
funny, some sad, and some very, very important :)

The Omnisky customers had a wide range of reactions.  Sometimes I'd forward,
and I'd frequently get responses.  I even set up forwarding aliases on
ominsky.net for a few.  The ones who got angry at me for receiving their
confidential mail were laughed at and/or ridiculed.