[geeks] more on dune

rjtoegel at verizon.net rjtoegel at verizon.net
Wed Jun 2 18:18:37 CDT 2010

   OK.  They weren't paintball guns.  They were being fired as the
   soldiers were decending the ropes.  All of the international reporters
   that were on the ships are still "missing".  More than 20+ were shot
   and reports of over 50 injured are being reported.  There is an
   international outcry on this incident (except for the US).  As more
   people are being released and returning to their home countries, more
   reports are coming out of what happened.  This is the "propaganda" I'm
   hearing.  I've seen what you're hearing.  Somewhere in the middle is
   the truth.

   Bob

     On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 06:32:46PM -0500, rjtoegel at verizon.net
     wrote:
     > I can see this turning into a flame war. Oh Billllll!
     This is geeks, not rescue. Political discussions are allowed as long
     as they
     are (reasonably) calm and respectful.
     Asking Mr Bill to stop it because it MIGHT become a flame war, but
     it is no
     where near it is, IMHO unnecessary.
     Weapons, millitary tatics such as "bringing a paint gun to a rifle
     fight",
     and so on were traditional discussion items here in the past.
     If the subject matter bothers you, feel free to hit the delete key.
     Geoff.
     Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm at mendelson.com
     N3OWJ/4X1GM
     New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing
     knowledge or
     understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the
     situation.
     i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the
     Wikipedia.