[geeks] more on dune

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Jun 1 12:03:33 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 12:41:40PM -0400, hike wrote:
>Thank you for including these details.
>While older people are more mature and generally have a stabilizing
>influence in tense situations, to the military, they are more expendable.

Not in Israel. They were chosen because no resistance was promised and
they would be respected more than a bunch of teenagers carry M-16s that
are pssoibly older than they are.

>I have seen nothing of the paintball guns (non-lethal weapons) and wonder
>how a small group of "activists" could overpower, disarm, abuse and evacuate
>(with extreme prejudice) a group of Israeli soldiers.

I'm not surprised you have seen nothing of the paintball guns, it's been
ignored by the international press. Someday when you wake up and realize you
are living in a Arab country, run under sharia law, you will figure out that
allowing the press to be so pro-arab, and letting the mosques preach Jihad,
wasn't a good idea.

The English are starting to learn that lesson and might recover, while
it's probably too late for the French.

The reason the mob could do what they did is as the soldiers were lowered
one by one from a helicopter, they were immediately shot at and attacked by
a lynch mob.

If this were Iran or Afganistan, you would not be seeing videos of the
terrorist supporters attacking the soldiers, you would read a small
article on a middle page of the NYT that US soldiers went in to stop an
arms shipment and after being fired upon, sunk the ships with missles
from the air, with no terrorists surviving.

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.