[geeks] more on dune

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 11:41:40 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 12:18 PM, <gsm at mendelson.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 11:46:38AM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>  Huh, paintball guns?  Really?
>>
>> You can probably safely bet most of the US media will overlook THAT
>> detail...
>>

> Yes, they have been roasted in the usually left wing Israeli press for
> bringing
> paintball guns to a rifle fight.
> The IDF instead of using regular soldiers who all happen to be 18-20
> years old used reservists who are much more mature, hoping to have
> adults dealing with jumpy protestors to keep them calm.
>
> They had no idea they were walking into a planned massacre.
> After all of that the Israeli customs authority inventoried what was on
> the ships. The so called "medical supplies" was old and broken medical
> equipment and out of date drugs. In plain English, trash.
>

> Geoff.
> --
> Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm at mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM
> New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
> understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
> i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.

Thank you for including these details.
While older people are more mature and generally have a stabilizing
influence in tense situations, to the military, they are more expendable.
I have seen nothing of the paintball guns (non-lethal weapons) and wonder
how a small group of "activists" could overpower, disarm, abuse and evacuate
(with extreme prejudice) a group of Israeli soldiers.