[geeks] more on dune

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Jun 1 05:38:17 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 12:17:15PM +0200, Joost van de Griek wrote:

>Are you serious?

Yes, I am serious.

Quite simply, I have a different meaning to modesty and what I would expose
my children to.

The first nude(ish) scene was not something I would want them to see
anyway, Paul sees Chani without her desert coverings for the first time
when she gets undressed and stares at her for several seconds.

I really don't care about how many times he's seen her in his dreams, I
consider it rude to watch a woman you don't know get undressed where she
expects some privacy, and don't want my children to think it is ok.

The other was a naked slave girl in the bath with Feyd, and the scene was really
not necessary except to maybe highlight the fact that he liked to kill boys,
but was heterosexual, while his uncle liked boys for both, a fact which was
downplayed almost to the point of nonexistance.

I don't care about the usual "roll in the hay" scenes where you see a little
flesh.

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.