[geeks] Intel SCB2 into EATX case?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jul 15 10:59:03 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:14:24PM +0100, Mark Benson wrote:
> Out of interest, what EATX cases dod you pick out?

One of these:
http://www.directron.com/serverr800.html ($50)

and one of these:
http://www.directron.com/mxwdp.html ($25, on sale!)

Pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/4506347773/

Insides: (you can see where I had to not use the disk bays due to where the
CPU sockets are placed)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/4796729138/

Despite the ugly "paint" (it actually appears to be patterned vinyl, with a
paint clearcoast over it) design on the MX-WDP case, it's *very* solid
steel and well-built.  Definitely a steal for $25 + shipping if you don't
care about looks.

If you'd like better pictures of either or both, let me know.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas