[geeks] Intel SCB2 into EATX case?

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 16:14:24 CDT 2010

On 13 Jul 2010, at 19:19, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 02:13:15PM +0100, Mark Benson wrote:
>> Just looking for a second opinion before I plan on chipping put for a
case.
>> I have a Intel SCB2 dual PIII Tualatin board with a pair of 1.26s on tjat
I'd
>> like to use for a quiet and low-fi home server/headless Linux noodling
box.
>> I need a case for it, will a EATX case fit around it? Was looking at
Chieftec
>> Aegis CH-05B chassis.
>> Alternatively, if anyone has a *quiet* chassis suitable for it in the UK a
>> standard tower or 2-4U rackmount with at least 2 standard CD-ROM type
5.25"
>> bays would fit the bill too.
>
>> From www.xisp.net/documentation/DSINTSVR105717.pdf it says the board is
> 12"x13", so yeah it will go perfectly into an EATX case.
>
> I had to come up with a couple of EATX cases myself lately for the cheap
> K8N-DRE boards I got from geeks.com for $10 each, and then built up into
> quad-core Opteron systems.

Pretty much as I thought. Thanks Bill.

I was just a little concerned the board seems very long compared to a normal
desktop board, but I guess that's to be expected as most desktop boards are
short Mini-ATX boards these days.

Out of interest, what EATX cases dod you pick out?

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>