[geeks] Four-port PCI Ethernet?

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Tue Jul 6 13:21:46 CDT 2010

One of the two onboard interfaces on my firewall died Sunday night.  I'm
not certain how long the other will last.  Being a 1U box, I only have
one accessible PCI slot in it, and it's already filled with a dual
EEPro.  I need a minimum of three working ports on the box.

So, does anyone know...

- Will a Sun PCI qfe work in PC hardware?

- If so, will OpenBSD x86 talk to it?  (The hme is on the OpenBSD/i386
HCL, but the qfe isn't.)

- What other options exist to get four 10/100 ports in a single 32-bit
PCI slot in an x86 box?

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.