[geeks] iPad - a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Jan 29 17:13:05 CST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 02:35:44PM -0800, Nadine Miller wrote:

> For my two cents on the thing:
> A) it's a Cintiq that is not a one trick pony (ditto, ebook reader)

However, it doesn't do either trick anywhere near as well.  Both
probably have merit.

> I'm not interested in Chrome or Android, because they both have too much
> google in them. I went with used 2G iPhones to get my PDA phone fix.

Too much google in them?  You realize that a third party supplied
Chromium or Android can be monitored, audited, and modified to eliminate
google reporting (if they actually do anything unpleasant) now or in the
future.

I'd much rather see similar hardware running a modified android with
proper multi-touch support.