[geeks] iPad - a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 16:35:44 CST 2010

On Jan 29, 2010, at 12:33 AM, Jonathan Patschke <jp at celestrion.net>
wrote:

> They're like a bunch of 8 year olds talking about sex.

Really, really glad I did not have a mouthful of soda when I read
that. :-)

For my two cents on the thing:
A) it's a Cintiq that is not a one trick pony (ditto, ebook reader)
B) there will be plenty of interest in jailbreaking the thing, which
means the multi-tasking issue is already resolved
C) if it has a USB host controller so you can transfer data from, say,
a digital camera, then this is a good alternative to a netbook

I'm not interested in Chrome or Android, because they both have too
much google in them. I went with used 2G iPhones to get my PDA phone
fix.

My only other real question is when will we see Newton print
handwriting recognition on it?

=Nadine=