[geeks] Q: Regarding Linux in K-12 education

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 22:07:49 CST 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Patrick Finnegan
<pat at computer-refuge.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 17 January 2010, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> I also have serious doubts there are any really large (1,000+) Linux
>> desktop deployments outside the Linux software industry... Not POS or
>> server deployments, but desktop, end-user general computing
>>  deployments.
>
> One word: Universities.

Patrick,

In your experience, do there tend to be large deployments or lots of
smaller deployments? What I mean is, are the 1,000+ computers in one
"domain" (for lack of a better word) or little department roll-outs in
labs and selected classrooms? I suspect the latter, but wonder what
your experience is...

Lionel

--
Lionel Peterson