[geeks] kitchen stuff

Kurt Huhn artisan at k-huhn.com
Thu Jan 7 08:44:34 CST 2010

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 03:23:29PM +0200, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 07:38:27AM -0500, Steve Haavik wrote:
>
> >Yeah. Silpat is good. For some reason I still like parchment paper better
> >though. It took a little practice, but I line my brownie pan with it now
> >and just lift the brownies out of the pan in one big chunk after baking.
>
> Is parchment still made from lambskin?

Parchment for writing or achival stuff can be made from almost any animal,
though I gather goat is most popular based on my limited knowledge.

However, for cooking, parchment paper is just silicone impregnated wood pulp
paper.

--
Kurt Huhn                    |      Respect Beer
Renaissance Man, Malcontent  |      Illegitimi non carborundum