[geeks] Ubuntu on Intel graphics

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Sun Feb 28 17:55:16 CST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 01:05:21PM -0500, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> I tried upgrading to Ubuntu 9.10 (both by upgrading that disk, and also
> trying a disk with a clean install) and now what I get is a blank screen
> after the works Starting up.  If I choose rescue mode, I see a little
> text, then it turns blank faster (way less than a second) than I can
> recognize what I'm seeing.

Just had another thought - why not try installing from the alternate image?
It uses the text-mode installer by default. It's probably easier to fiddle
with the X setup once the system is installed rather than trying to fight
with an installer that won't start properly.

-mj
--
 Michael-John Turner
 mj at mjturner.net      <>     http://mjturner.net/