[geeks] Ubuntu on Intel graphics

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 13:31:25 CST 2010

On Feb 28, 2010, at 1:05 PM, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> Any suggestions?
>
> At this point, I can't easily do a clean install (I can't seem to
> make a
> working bootable USB key, and I don't have a SATA optical drive),
> but I
> could mount the disk on another machine to try editing settings on the
> disk.

What about installing an earlier release 9.04, for instance, and
upgrading from there?

I had intel graphic troubles on an '865 chipset MB (Dell USFF Optiplex
620), it only displays 800x600 or 640x480 graphics options... I think
Ubuntu quality is slipping, the community isn't stepping up and
testing, instead becoming complacent...

Lionel