[geeks] Apple ][e tips solicited

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 10:21:16 CDT 2010

Came into posession of a clean, still working, Apple ][e, circa 1984.
It powers up, displays on TV, and runs BASIC programs fine. IIRC, this
has Apple BASIC, not MS, right?

Anyway, looking for tips on cleaning the case, anyone have any
suggestions? I've got lots of questions, but I haven't started
researching yet... (haven't touched one of these in about 25 years, so
I've forgotten lots...)

It came w/ duo disk drive and controller/cable, as well as a super
serial card. It also has a 64K/80 column card installed. This system
has 8x 1x64K chips soldered to the board... Whee!

After I clean this up I plan to introduce my son to the joy of BASIC
on 'period' hardware.

Lionel