[geeks] Coffee survey

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Apr 28 14:04:19 CDT 2010

On 04/28/10 14:35, Jonathan Groll wrote:
> It probably depends on the kind of coffee. I would say that dark roast
> 'Italian' style coffee's are best drunk soon after roasting - but not
> too soon mind you - they need to finish 'baking' just as a cake is
> sometimes better a day or so after baking, if the beans are still warm
> they do taste a little like popcorn, don't they? However, if you do
> leave this type of coffee out of the freezer for more than a couple of
> days a lot of the flavour is gone.

Always remember, too:  Store your coffee in an airtight container, and
away from light (so either in an /opaque/ airtight container, or stored
ina dark place).  Those loose-top Plexiglass bins at the grocery store
show off the coffee well, but aren't actually very good for it.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.