[geeks] Ergonomic keyboard styles

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Apr 28 11:06:07 CDT 2010

I have a Microsoft Natural split keyboard and Logitech trackball on my
$WORK desjtop computer, and it's all right. I also have a Happy Hacking
II and Wacom tablet on my also-$WORK MacBook Pro, and it's very good. I
don't touch-type, though, prefering a sort of Modified Columbus Method
("find it and land on it") that's fast enough.

   I've had wrist pain on and off for years. Swiching to a trackball
helped, though simply moving he mouse/trackball to the other hand was
even better. Once in a while I switch back but mostly I am a laftie
mouser now.

   The Wacom tablet on the laptop is interesting. It was a slight
comfort advantage before Apple came out with multitouch on the
trackpads; since then I don't always use it -- which means more
reaching. :7(

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt