[geeks] TCF Day 1

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 15:18:36 CDT 2010

TCF was smaller this year than most recent years, but bigger than last
year. I got a few bargains:

74.5 Gig RAPTOR SATA drive New Old Stock, $40
4x dual Intel Gigabit Ethernet cards $40 ($10/ea)
Sun Type 6 Keyboard/mouse kit $15
Broadcom BC4452D 4-port SATA RAID (software, windows only) for $20

Saw IBM Type M keyboards for $75 (New Old Stock), and my favorite
'stupid' item, 5 1/4" floppy cases.

There were a large number (20x) iMac G5s w/o power supply, RAM or HD.
I guess they are victim of the bad capacitor festival of a few years
ago...

Also, some Civil Defense Geiger Counter kits (3 different counters)
for $75/80 /set.

The weather was great today, which means rain tomorrow.

Bob's son picked up 4x Sun Netra 1U (T105?) servers for $5/each. And
one fellow had a very clean SunBlade 150 for $70 (no HD, had a CD-ROM
drive).

Lionel