[geeks] IDE drive problem on U5

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 12:49:20 CDT 2010

On Apr 23, 2010, at 1:04 PM, adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)
wrote:

> i vaguely recall an issue with labeling drives before the installer
> could partition/newfs them, but i wouldn't expect this from drives
> already presumably in service

I wonder if they were low-level formatted (or wiped some other way)
requiring the drives to be relabeled as Andrew suggests. I agree with
Andrew that this shouldn't be the case for drives discovered in a
system, but since we don't know why it was trashed, we can't assume
the system was shutdown, stored, then gently placed where you found
it...

Lionel