[geeks] "$9,000 is the new free"

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at telenet.be
Wed Apr 21 09:44:09 CDT 2010

On 04/21/2010 04:07 PM, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> While we are all at it, we have to accept that Oracle is in business
> to make
> money (which is why they are still in business) and not to expect them
> to do anything else.
> I'm not saying I like it either, but that's the way it's going to be.
> Or would
> you prefered that the US Government bailed out SUN at your expense?
> Geoff.

True, Also we are speculating on what Oracle will do with the products
they obtained from their purchase of Sun. Ia8? speculating that in the
first stage they will ask big money for the products they purchased but
that in the longer term they will realise that they should adopt a more
realistic approch toward the hobyinst and reintroduce the multi tear
priceing structure so that hobyist can use their products again so that
they will have further support from the community at large.

Michael