[geeks] "$9,000 is the new free"

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Apr 21 09:07:16 CDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 08:31:55AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

>Will Oracle use Sun to become the next Computer Associates, keeping
>stuff alive and supporting it, but only if you pay their ransom demands?

Let's face it, while SUN was founded with a public serving goal in mind,
SUN's not pinin'! 'SUN's passed on! This company is no more!
SUN has ceased to be! 'SUN's expired and gone to meet 'its maker!
SUN's a stiff! Bereft of life, SUN rests in peace!

If Oracle hadn't bought it SUN'd be pushing up the daisies! '
Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! SUN's off the twig!
SUN's kicked the bucket, SUNs shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down
the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-COMPANY!!

While we are all at it, we have to accept that Oracle is in business to make
money (which is why they are still in business) and not to expect them
to do anything else.

I'm not saying I like it either, but that's the way it's going to be. Or would
you prefered that the US Government bailed out SUN at your expense?

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.