[geeks] DIY project, maybe? (Cheapo bedroom air purifier)

Kurt Huhn artisan at k-huhn.com
Mon Apr 19 14:12:19 CDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 02:31:53PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> Anyone ever done something like this?  My concern is the fans, actually,
> they need to be sized properly .

Yup.  I use a similar arrangement as a whole-shop dust filter for the
workshop.  I just use a good furnace/AC filter and a box fan.  Works great!

I don't know how well it would get rid of odors or smoke, but it's worth a
try if you've got an inexpensive box fan.  It certainly won't make it any
worse.

--
Kurt Huhn                    |      Respect Beer
Renaissance Man, Malcontent  |      Illegitimi non carborundum