[geeks] Sun AXi motherboard questions

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 06:55:43 CDT 2010

On 16 Apr 2010, at 07:54, Jonathan Patschke wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 2010, Mark Benson wrote:
>
>> Were the PS/2 ports supplied with the computers that the AXi was used in
>> (I understand there were OEM only boards)?
>
> Depends on the VAR.  They were part of the kit.

Okay. I don't have them, so I guess it didn't have them or they got
separated.

Not a major crisis as I have gear for attaching Sun stuff to KVMs. I could
always make a pair now I've got the book.

>> Where does the CPU Fan plug in?
>
> Next to the fan mounting stud behind the serial port.

Right, the fan has a 2-pin plug and the header is 3 pins. Guess it'll just be
a 'try a pair and see :)

>> For that matter, does anyone have a map of *any* of the pin headers for
>> stuff like the front panel buttons etc?
>
> It's covered in Sun publication 805-3158-03.  Google that number in
> quotation marks and you'll run across a Swiss site that still has it (2nd
> hit, I think).

Thanks. Been trawling for days, and haven't found anything. That's just what I
needed :)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: